700r4 hook up, r4 tcc/lockup wiring - the forums
Locate a body ground under the vehicle and attach one end of the gauge wire to the body ground. Disconnect the negative and positive terminals of the battery. This bracket helps to correct for the aftermarket carb's longer throttle levers, preventing a hard, light kickdown. Install the new filter into the transmission by gently pushing up on it. If you want the torque converter to lock up for better fuel mileage, journalists dating each other you'll have to install a lock-up control kit in the transmission pan.
To submit your questions or ideas, or to simply learn more about It Still Runs, contact us. This article was written by the It Still Runs team, copy edited and fact checked through a multi-point auditing system, in efforts to ensure our readers only receive the best information. Decide where the toggle switch will be located within the vehicle, and install it.
Re 700r4 TCC/lockup wiring
When the solenoid is engaged, fluid is applied to the torque converter clutch, dating badoo creating lockup and a direct link between the engine and transmission. Photo Credits shifter image by Brett Bouwer from Fotolia. Allow as much fluid as possible to drain from the broken seal between the transmission and transmission pan.
R4 TCC/lockup wiring - The Forums
You can reuse your factory three-speed shifter, but you'll lose control over first gear. Warnings Never turn on the torque converter lock-up at slow speeds, dating a as this may damage your vehicle. Torque the transmission bolts to the manufacturer's recommended torque with a small torque wrench.
HOT ROD Rescue Lockup a 700-R4 Torque Converter Without a Computer
Drive the vehicle onto car ramps, put it in park, and set the emergency brake. You can reuse the rear passing gear throttle kickdown cable bracket on the engine and carburetor if you have the original carb.
Tips The toggle switch can be installed in any location inside the vehicle. If you have a Holley or Edelbrock fuel mixer, you'll need a throttle kickdown adapter bracket fitted to the transmission. Put on safety glasses and place a large drain pan under the transmission pan. Always leave enough extra length when cutting wire, so it can be secured later.
- Engine Links You can reuse the rear passing gear throttle kickdown cable bracket on the engine and carburetor if you have the original carb.
- Place the new transmission pan gasket over the transmission pan, aligning all holes.
- Lock-up Control If you want the torque converter to lock up for better fuel mileage, you'll have to install a lock-up control kit in the transmission pan.
- Add transmission fluid through the transmission fill tube, checking the fluid level every quart to prevent over filling.
- Shift Linkage You can reuse your factory three-speed shifter, but you'll lose control over first gear.
- Place one hand firmly on the transmission pan and hold it to the transmission case.
- Loosen the transmission pan bolts four or five turns each, and gently pry down on the edge of the transmission pan, being careful to prevent any bending or warping.
- Secure all gauge wire to the vehicle with zip ties to prevent any hanging wire.
- Attach the constant side of the toggle switch.
- Route this wire through the rubber grommet in the firewall and down to the transmission.
It Still Runs
How to Wire a Switch to Lock Up the Torque Converter on a R Transmission
Back the vehicle off the car ramps. Never attempt to drive a vehicle with low transmission fluid. Press the transmission pan back onto the transmission and hand-tighten the bolts that secure the pan to the transmission.